- About -
Vision and Values
Newhaven College supports the pursuit of personal excellence and encourages personal best through social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth.
We aim to provide an environment where creativity, academic, emotional, spiritual, physical and life skills are nurtured.
We do this by:
- Creating a respectful working environment for students and staff
- Providing a personalised and student-centred approach to learning through creative and physical activity
- Building a culture of achievement in both students and staff
- Focusing on continuous improvement and shared accountabilities
- Promoting equity and social justice
- Developing partnerships with our community - local, national, and global
- Recognising and celebrating diversity
- Encouraging school and community health and well-being.
“In Quietness and Confidence Shall Be Your Strength” (Isaiah 30:15)
Translated into modern language it means:
“Quietly trust in Me, then you will be strong and secure”.
Newhaven College Statement of Democratic Principles
Newhaven College is committed to the principles of a liberal democracy.
- We believe in an accountable, democratically elected government
- We respect and observe the rule of law, and believe that no person is above the law
- We believe in equal rights for all before the law, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender or other attributes
- We believe not only in the freedom of religion, but also the need to practice tolerance and understanding others’ beliefs
- We believe in the value of freedom of speech and freedom of association, but also acknowledge that we have the responsibility not to abuse this freedom
- We believe in the values of openness and tolerance, and value and respect all members of the school community regardless of background.
This Statement of Democratic Principles is communicated to staff, students, parents and guardians and the school community.
This Statement is published:
- In the staff policy portal
- In the student diary
- In the Newhaven College enrolment materials
- In the Newhaven College annual report
- On the Newhaven College website.