Newhaven College has a range of policies and procedures that support and assist the school in achieving our mission and educational philosophy. They provide a key component necessary for the effective administration and organisation of the College.
The design and application of the policies and procedures help to ensure that the College continues to provide students with an excellent education and outstanding educational opportunities. These policies and procedures assist the College in providing a high quality educational service that presents parents with genuine and valuable choice when selecting a school for their child.
At a more fundamental level, the policies and procedures are necessary for:
- Identifying and defining the College’s programs and approaches, especially in relation to curriculum, teaching and learning, pastoral care and co-curricular activities
- Providing guidance for staff, students and parents in making decisions
- Setting and maintaining high standards – quality assurance
- Risk management
- Providing a safe and healthy environment
- Compliance and accountability
All policies and procedures are reviewed periodically to ensure their relevance and effectiveness. Policies and procedures will change from time to time to suit needs and circumstance. Thus, the Policy and Procedures Manual is a dynamic document.
Copies of individual policies can be requested by contacting the College.
The Department of Education and Childhood Development (DEECD) provides financial assistance in the form of Conveyance Allowance to help families in rural and regional Victoria with the cost of transporting child/ren to their closest appropriate school/campus. Follow this link to view the Conveyance Allowance Policy on the DEECD website.