- Enrolments -
Newhaven College offers scholarships to students who demonstrate exceptional aptitude in academic or music abilities.
ELISABETH MIDDLETON INSTRUMENTAL SCHOLARSHIP 2023
Year 10 to 12 students in 2023
This scholarship has been established through a generous donation made by Mr Hugh Middleton, to fund private music lessons in the student’s chosen instrument for one year. The Elisabeth Middleton Instrumental Scholarship will be awarded annually to a student who needs financial assistance to continue to study the instrument of their choice. The value of the scholarship is based on the current Victorian Music Teachers Association, Visiting Music Teachers’ award and the number of lesson that the student is eligible to have in one year.
In 2023 the scholarship is valued at $2500. The money will be paid directly to the school.
The student must be currently studying an instrument at the College.
The Scholarship is assessed by application taking three categories into consideration:
• Current level of playing ability (Grade 4 AMEB or equivalent is the minimum requirement)
• Attendance and attitude in relation to current instrumental lessons
• Commitment to and involvement in the music program at the College
The Director of Music and the Principal will review all applications and a number of candidates will be short listed and invited to attend an interview.
Candidates presenting for interview may bring any supporting documentation to support their application.
Candidates presenting for interview should be prepared to perform a short piece on their instrument.
Terms and Conditions
• An invitation to attend an interview does not necessarily mean that the student will be offered a scholarship
• Following the interview process, an offer will be made in writing by the Principal. Any offer of scholarships not accepted by the due date will be offered to another student.
• The scholarship does not cover other costs such as school fees, uniform, books, non-compulsory camps, trips or tours, bus travel or additional music tuition if studying more than one instrument.
• The College will not enter into a dispute regarding the awarding of the scholarships.
Applications to be addressed to the Principal – Confidential; and sent to Belinda Manning at the College or via email Belinda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close Friday 2 December 2022
No late applications will be accepted
Elisabeth Middleton Instrumental Scholarship
Elisabeth Middleton Scholarship Application Form